The Top 2 Story Stocks: Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. (NOG)

The first technical resistance point for Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) will likely come at $98.46, marking a 1.07% premium to the current level. The second resistance point is at $99.52, about 2.12% premium to its current market price. On the other hand, inability to breach the immediate hurdles can drag it down to $94.26, the lower end of the range. EA’s 14-day MACD is -2.54 and this negative figure indicates a downward trading trend. The company’s 14-day RSI (relative strength index) score is 53.44, which shows that its stock has been neutral. The 20-day historical volatility for the stock stands at 84.45 percent, which is high when compared to that of the 50-day’s 60.99 percent.

When giving their opinion, around 68.75% of Wall Street analysts, which represents 22 out of 32 rated the stock as a Buy. 10 brokerage firms of the remaining 31.25% rated the stock as a Hold with 0 analyst rating it as a sell. Overall, the number of aggregate EA shares held by institutional investors represents 98.1% of total shares. 131 institutions entered new Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) positions, 397 added to their existing positions in these shares, 431 lowered their positions, and 144 exited their positions entirely.

Electronic Arts Inc. (EA) trade volume has decreased by -45.86% as around 4,390,517 shares were sold when compared with its 50-day average volume of traded shares which is 8,109,674. At the moment, EA is witnessing a uptrend, as it is trading 1.33% above its 20-day SMA, 8.82% above its 50-day SMA, and -12.46% above its 200-day SMA. The company runs an ROE of roughly 27.6%, with financial analysts predicting that their earnings per share growth will be around 10.01% per annum for the next five year. This will be compared to the 67.2% increase witnessed over the past five years.

The price of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) went up by $1.63 now trading at $97.41. Their shares witnessed a 31.8% increase from the 52-week low price of $73.91 they recorded on 2018-12-26. Even though it is still -55.28% behind the $151.26 high touched on 2018-07-13. The last few days have been good for the stock, as its price has grew by 1.55% during the week. It has also performed better over the past three months, as it added around 14.55% while it has so far retreated around -21.25% during the course of a year. The stock of EA recorded 23.44% uptrend from the beginning of this year till date. The 12-month potential price target for Electronic Arts Inc. is set at $101.15. This target means that the stock has an upside potential to increase by 3.84% from the current trading price.

The shares of Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. (NYSE:NOG) has increased by 1.27%, and now trading at $2.4 on the Wall Street in the intra-day deal, with their shares traded now around 3,369,289. This is a decline of -1,067,039 shares over the average 4,436,328 shares that were traded daily over the last three months. The stock that is trading at $2.4 went higher by 63.27% from its 52-week low of $1.47 that it attained back on 2018-04-06. The stock recorded a 52-week high of $4.49 nearly 153 days ago on 2018-10-02.

NOG stock hasn’t performed well over the past 30 days, as it lost -8.05% while its price climbed by 6.19% year-to-date (YTD). Looking at the last few days, it has been tough for the stock, as it tumbled -3.23% over the last week. The stock’s 12-month potential target price is now at $4.06. This means that the stock price might likely increase by 69.17% from its current trading price.6 out of 7 Wall Street analysts which represents 85.71% rated the stock as a buy while the remaining 14.29% rated it as a hold, with 0% of analysts rating it as a sell.

Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. (NYSE:NOG) has been utilizing an ROE that is roughly 35.3%, with stock analysts predicting that the company’s EPS for the next five years will go up by 5% per year, following the -16.4% drop that was witnessed during the past five years. The stock at the moment is on a downtrend, trading -0.44% below its 20-day SMA, -1.76% below its 50-day SMA, and -18.57% below its 200-day SMA. In percentage terms, the aggregate Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. shares held by institutional investors is 57.6%. 29 institutions jumped in to acquire Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. (NOG) fresh stake, 77 added to their current holdings in these shares, 80 lowered their positions, and 34 left no stake in the company.

The stock’s 9-day MACD is -0.03 and this negative figure indicates a downward trading trend. The company’s 9-day RSI score is 48.16, which shows that its stock has been neutral. The 20-day historical volatility for the shares stand at 52.85 percent, which is less when compared to that of the 50-day’s 73.69 percent. On the daily chart, we see that the stock could reach the first level of resistance at $2.46, sporting a 2.44% premium to the current level. The next resistance point is at $2.51, representing nearly 4.38% premium to the current market price of Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. (NOG). On the other hand, failure to breach the immediate hurdles can drag it down to $2.31, the lower end of the range.