These 2 Stocks Have Caught My Attention: Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. (VRTS), GMS Inc. (GMS)

The price of Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRTS) went up by $2.4 now trading at $118.96. Their shares witnessed a 69.94% increase from the 52-week low price of $70 they recorded on 2019-01-02. Even though it is still -16.02% behind the $138.02 high touched on 2018-06-20. The last few days have been good for the stock, as its price has grew by 8.31% during the week. It has also performed better over the past three months, as it added around 50.15% while it has so far climbed around 2.64% during the course of a year. The stock of VRTS recorded 49.77% uptrend from the beginning of this year till date. The 12-month potential price target for Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. is set at $105.67. This target means that the stock has an upside potential to increase by -11.17% from the current trading price.

22 institutions entered new Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRTS) positions, 72 added to their existing positions in these shares, 69 lowered their positions, and 29 exited their positions entirely.

Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. (VRTS) trade volume has increased by 7.15% as around 83,302 shares were sold when compared with its 50-day average volume of traded shares which is 77,740. At the moment, VRTS is witnessing a uptrend, as it is trading 14.6% above its 20-day SMA, 17.63% above its 50-day SMA, and 11.35% above its 200-day SMA. The company runs an ROE of roughly 13%, with financial analysts predicting that their earnings per share growth will be around 6.2% per annum for the next five year. This will be compared to the -2.4% decrease witnessed over the past five years.

The first technical resistance point for Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRTS) will likely come at $120.23, marking a 1.06% premium to the current level. The second resistance point is at $121.51, about 2.1% premium to its current market price. On the other hand, inability to breach the immediate hurdles can drag it down to $113.87, the lower end of the range. VRTS’s 14-day MACD is 9.67 and this positive figure indicates an upward trading trend. The company’s 14-day RSI (relative strength index) score is 77.15, which shows that its stock has been overbought. The 20-day historical volatility for the stock stands at 34.37 percent, which is high when compared to that of the 50-day’s 30.99 percent.

The shares of GMS Inc. (NYSE:GMS) has increased by 1.27%, and now trading at $16.71 on the Wall Street in the intra-day deal, with their shares traded now around 199,234. This is a decline of -300,316 shares over the average 499,550 shares that were traded daily over the last three months. The stock that is trading at $16.71 went higher by 22.78% from its 52-week low of $13.61 that it attained back on 2018-12-26. The stock recorded a 52-week high of $32.1 nearly 362 days ago on 2018-04-19.

GMS stock has performed well over the past 30 days, as it added 1.15% while its price climbed by 12.45% year-to-date (YTD). Looking at the last few days, it has been good for the stock, as it rose 2.52% over the last week. The stock’s 12-month potential target price is now at $22. This means that the stock price might likely increase by 31.66% from its current trading price. 7 out of 9 Wall Street analysts which represents 77.78% rated the stock as a buy while the remaining 22.22% rated it as a hold, with 0% of analysts rating it as a sell.

GMS Inc. (NYSE:GMS) has been utilizing an ROE that is roughly 7.6%, with stock analysts predicting that the company’s EPS for the next five years will go up by 27.8% per year, following the 18% raise that was witnessed during the past five years. The stock at the moment is on a uptrend, trading 6.24% above its 20-day SMA, -5.31% below its 50-day SMA, and -17.47% below its 200-day SMA. In percentage terms, the aggregate GMS Inc. shares held by institutional investors is 94.5%. 26 institutions jumped in to acquire GMS Inc. (GMS) fresh stake, 69 added to their current holdings in these shares, 68 lowered their positions, and 23 left no stake in the company.

The stock’s 9-day MACD is 0.4 and this positive figure indicates an upward trading trend. The company’s 9-day RSI score is 63.39, which shows that its stock has been neutral. The 20-day historical volatility for the shares stand at 25.96 percent, which is less when compared to that of the 50-day’s 45.58 percent. On the daily chart, we see that the stock could reach the first level of resistance at $16.9, sporting a 1.12% premium to the current level. The next resistance point is at $17.09, representing nearly 2.22% premium to the current market price of GMS Inc. (GMS). On the other hand, failure to breach the immediate hurdles can drag it down to $16.08, the lower end of the range.