Stocks Taking Center Stage: Lydall, Inc. (LDL), WideOpenWest, Inc. (WOW)

The price of Lydall, Inc. (NYSE:LDL) went up by $0.41 now trading at $20.54. Their shares witnessed a 11.21% increase from the 52-week low price of $18.47 they recorded on 2018-12-21. Even though it is still -135.88% behind the $48.45 high touched on 2018-08-01. The last few days have been rough for the stock, as its price has decreased by -7.85% during the week. It has also performed poorly over the past three months, as it lost around -25.36% while it has so far retreated around -49.96% during the course of a year. The stock of LDL recorded 1.13% uptrend from the beginning of this year till date. The 12-month potential price target for Lydall, Inc. is set at $31.67. This target means that the stock has an upside potential to increase by 54.19% from the current trading price.

14 institutions entered new Lydall, Inc. (NYSE:LDL) positions, 60 added to their existing positions in these shares, 67 lowered their positions, and 21 exited their positions entirely.

Lydall, Inc. (LDL) trade volume has decreased by -1.74% as around 123,390 shares were sold when compared with its 50-day average volume of traded shares which is 125,580. At the moment, LDL is witnessing a downtrend, as it is trading -12.86% below its 20-day SMA, -15.25% below its 50-day SMA, and -30.62% below its 200-day SMA. The company runs an ROE of roughly 7.5%, with financial analysts predicting that their earnings per share growth will be around 17.5% per annum for the next five year. This will be compared to the 12.6% increase witnessed over the past five years.

The first technical resistance point for Lydall, Inc. (NYSE:LDL) will likely come at $20.88, marking a 1.63% premium to the current level. The second resistance point is at $21.22, about 3.2% premium to its current market price. On the other hand, inability to breach the immediate hurdles can drag it down to $19.56, the lower end of the range. LDL’s 14-day MACD is -2.02 and this negative figure indicates a downward trading trend. The company’s 14-day RSI (relative strength index) score is 31.79, which shows that its stock has been neutral. The 20-day historical volatility for the stock stands at 53.57 percent, which is high when compared to that of the 50-day’s 46.3 percent.

The shares of WideOpenWest, Inc. (NYSE:WOW) has increased by 1.59%, and now trading at $8.3 on the Wall Street in the intra-day deal, with their shares traded now around 126,395. This is a decline of -213,649 shares over the average 340,044 shares that were traded daily over the last three months. The stock that is trading at $8.3 went higher by 29.69% from its 52-week low of $6.4 that it attained back on 2018-12-24. The stock recorded a 52-week high of $12.91 nearly 279 days ago on 2018-08-10.

WOW stock hasn’t performed well over the past 30 days, as it lost -9.78% while its price climbed by 16.41% year-to-date (YTD). Looking at the last few days, it has been good for the stock, as it rose 6% over the last week. The stock’s 12-month potential target price is now at $11.81. This means that the stock price might likely increase by 42.29% from its current trading price. 3 out of 9 Wall Street analysts which represents 33.33% rated the stock as a buy while the remaining 66.67% rated it as a hold, with 0% of analysts rating it as a sell.

WideOpenWest, Inc. (NYSE:WOW) has been utilizing an ROE that is roughly -34.5%, with stock analysts predicting that the company’s EPS for the next five years will go down by 0% per year, following the 0% drop that was witnessed during the past five years. The stock at the moment is on a downtrend, trading -1.2% below its 20-day SMA, -5.44% below its 50-day SMA, and -12.23% below its 200-day SMA. In percentage terms, the aggregate WideOpenWest, Inc. shares held by institutional investors is 94%. 21 institutions jumped in to acquire WideOpenWest, Inc. (WOW) fresh stake, 56 added to their current holdings in these shares, 41 lowered their positions, and 15 left no stake in the company.

The stock’s 9-day MACD is 0.04 and this positive figure indicates an upward trading trend. The company’s 9-day RSI score is 48.88, which shows that its stock has been neutral. The 20-day historical volatility for the shares stand at 39.44 percent, which is less when compared to that of the 50-day’s 42.5 percent. On the daily chart, we see that the stock could reach the first level of resistance at $8.41, sporting a 1.31% premium to the current level. The next resistance point is at $8.53, representing nearly 2.7% premium to the current market price of WideOpenWest, Inc. (WOW). On the other hand, failure to breach the immediate hurdles can drag it down to $7.89, the lower end of the range.