These 2 Stocks Are Circling the Drain: Impinj, Inc. (PI), Atlantic Power Corporation (AT)

The price of Impinj, Inc. (NASDAQ:PI) went up by $0.5 now trading at $28.71. Their shares witnessed a 116.68% increase from the 52-week low price of $13.25 they recorded on 2018-12-21. Even though it is still -8.32% behind the $31.1 high touched on 2019-05-01. The last few days have been good for the stock, as its price has grew by 0.1% during the week. It has also performed better over the past three months, as it added around 71.81% while it has so far climbed around 61.47% during the course of a year. The stock of PI recorded 97.32% uptrend from the beginning of this year till date. The 12-month potential price target for Impinj, Inc. is set at $29.6. This target means that the stock has an upside potential to increase by 3.1% from the current trading price.

12 institutions entered new Impinj, Inc. (NASDAQ:PI) positions, 45 added to their existing positions in these shares, 48 lowered their positions, and 14 exited their positions entirely.

Impinj, Inc. (PI) trade volume has decreased by -16.46% as around 296,048 shares were sold when compared with its 50-day average volume of traded shares which is 354,382. At the moment, PI is witnessing a uptrend, as it is trading 14.34% above its 20-day SMA, 38.74% above its 50-day SMA, and 46.8% above its 200-day SMA. The company runs an ROE of roughly -28%, with financial analysts predicting that their earnings per share growth will be around 0% per annum for the next five year. This will be compared to the 0% decrease witnessed over the past five years.

The first technical resistance point for Impinj, Inc. (NASDAQ:PI) will likely come at $29.34, marking a 2.15% premium to the current level. The second resistance point is at $29.98, about 4.24% premium to its current market price. On the other hand, inability to breach the immediate hurdles can drag it down to $26.66, the lower end of the range. PI’s 14-day MACD is 0.43 and this positive figure indicates an upward trading trend. The company’s 14-day RSI (relative strength index) score is 68.87, which shows that its stock has been neutral. The 20-day historical volatility for the stock stands at 110 percent, which is high when compared to that of the 50-day’s 75.12 percent.

The shares of Atlantic Power Corporation (NYSE:AT) has increased by 5.17%, and now trading at $2.44 on the Wall Street in the intra-day deal, with their shares traded now around 563,394. This is a rise of 146,986 shares over the average 416,408 shares that were traded daily over the last three months. The stock that is trading at $2.44 went higher by 20.2% from its 52-week low of $2.03 that it attained back on 2018-05-31. The stock recorded a 52-week high of $3.02 nearly 73 days ago on 2019-03-04.

AT stock has performed well over the past 30 days, as it added 2.09% while its price climbed by 12.44% year-to-date (YTD). Looking at the last few days, it has been good for the stock, as it rose 5.17% over the last week. The stock’s 12-month potential target price is now at $2.4. This means that the stock price might likely increase by -1.64% from its current trading price. 1 out of 4 Wall Street analysts which represents 25% rated the stock as a buy while the remaining 75% rated it as a hold, with 0% of analysts rating it as a sell.

Atlantic Power Corporation (NYSE:AT) has been utilizing an ROE that is roughly 195%, with stock analysts predicting that the company’s EPS for the next five years will go up by 21.6% per year, following the 24.1% raise that was witnessed during the past five years. The stock at the moment is on a uptrend, trading 4.95% above its 20-day SMA, -1.27% below its 50-day SMA, and 5.31% above its 200-day SMA. In percentage terms, the aggregate Atlantic Power Corporation shares held by institutional investors is 59.1%. 18 institutions jumped in to acquire Atlantic Power Corporation (AT) fresh stake, 57 added to their current holdings in these shares, 48 lowered their positions, and 12 left no stake in the company.

The stock’s 9-day MACD is -0.02 and this negative figure indicates a downward trading trend. The company’s 9-day RSI score is 59.21, which shows that its stock has been neutral. The 20-day historical volatility for the shares stand at 45.53 percent, which is more when compared to that of the 50-day’s 30.64 percent. On the daily chart, we see that the stock could reach the first level of resistance at $2.51, sporting a 2.79% premium to the current level. The next resistance point is at $2.58, representing nearly 5.43% premium to the current market price of Atlantic Power Corporation (AT). On the other hand, failure to breach the immediate hurdles can drag it down to $2.24, the lower end of the range.