Stocks To Watch Today: Wake-Up Call For Pure Storage, Inc. (PSTG), Raymond James Financial, Inc. (RJF)

The price of Pure Storage, Inc. (NYSE:PSTG) went up by $0.07 now trading at $15.68. Their shares witnessed a 12.08% increase from the 52-week low price of $13.99 they recorded on 2018-12-24. Even though it is still -85.84% behind the $29.14 high touched on 2018-09-11. The last few days have been rough for the stock, as its price has decreased by -2.73% during the week. It has also performed poorly over the past three months, as it lost around -21.01% while it has so far retreated around -35.95% during the course of a year. The stock of PSTG recorded -2.49% downtrend from the beginning of this year till date. The 12-month potential price target for Pure Storage, Inc. is set at $25.56. This target means that the stock has an upside potential to increase by 63.01% from the current trading price.

42 institutions entered new Pure Storage, Inc. (NYSE:PSTG) positions, 139 added to their existing positions in these shares, 118 lowered their positions, and 49 exited their positions entirely.

Pure Storage, Inc. (PSTG) trade volume has decreased by -33.81% as around 2,564,285 shares were sold when compared with its 50-day average volume of traded shares which is 3,873,890. At the moment, PSTG is witnessing a downtrend, as it is trading -10.51% below its 20-day SMA, -24.02% below its 50-day SMA, and -24.33% below its 200-day SMA. The company runs an ROE of roughly -24.7%, with financial analysts predicting that their earnings per share growth will be around 31.82% per annum for the next five year. This will be compared to the -12.6% decrease witnessed over the past five years.

The first technical resistance point for Pure Storage, Inc. (NYSE:PSTG) will likely come at $15.83, marking a 0.95% premium to the current level. The second resistance point is at $15.98, about 1.88% premium to its current market price. On the other hand, inability to breach the immediate hurdles can drag it down to $15.4, the lower end of the range. PSTG’s 14-day MACD is -0.22 and this negative figure indicates a downward trading trend. The company’s 14-day RSI (relative strength index) score is 29.2, which shows that its stock has been oversold. The 20-day historical volatility for the stock stands at 102.94 percent, which is high when compared to that of the 50-day’s 69.47 percent.

The shares of Raymond James Financial, Inc. (NYSE:RJF) has decreased by -0.51%, and now trading at $84.23 on the Wall Street in the intra-day deal, with their shares traded now around 520,745. This is a decline of -375,193 shares over the average 895,938 shares that were traded daily over the last three months. The stock that is trading at $84.23 went higher by 21.88% from its 52-week low of $69.11 that it attained back on 2018-12-26. The stock recorded a 52-week high of $100.42 nearly 365 days ago on 2018-06-12.

RJF stock hasn’t performed well over the past 30 days, as it lost -3.75% while its price climbed by 13.2% year-to-date (YTD). Looking at the last few days, it has been tough for the stock, as it tumbled -1.07% over the last week. The stock’s 12-month potential target price is now at $101. This means that the stock price might likely increase by 19.91% from its current trading price. 6 out of 9 Wall Street analysts which represents 66.67% rated the stock as a buy while the remaining 33.33% rated it as a hold, with 0% of analysts rating it as a sell.

Raymond James Financial, Inc. (NYSE:RJF) has been utilizing an ROE that is roughly 16%, with stock analysts predicting that the company’s EPS for the next five years will go up by 9.1% per year, following the 20.1% raise that was witnessed during the past five years. The stock at the moment is on a downtrend, trading -0.27% below its 20-day SMA, -2.39% below its 50-day SMA, and 1.04% above its 200-day SMA. In percentage terms, the aggregate Raymond James Financial, Inc. shares held by institutional investors is 71.8%. 78 institutions jumped in to acquire Raymond James Financial, Inc. (RJF) fresh stake, 228 added to their current holdings in these shares, 233 lowered their positions, and 38 left no stake in the company.

The stock’s 9-day MACD is 0.17 and this positive figure indicates an upward trading trend. The company’s 9-day RSI score is 46.69, which shows that its stock has been neutral. The 20-day historical volatility for the shares stand at 24.43 percent, which is more when compared to that of the 50-day’s 23.94 percent. On the daily chart, we see that the stock could reach the first level of resistance at $85.29, sporting a 1.24% premium to the current level. The next resistance point is at $86.35, representing nearly 2.46% premium to the current market price of Raymond James Financial, Inc. (RJF). On the other hand, failure to breach the immediate hurdles can drag it down to $83.1, the lower end of the range.