The Fear Of Missing Out Will Kill You: FedEx Corporation (FDX), Callaway Golf Company (ELY)

The price of FedEx Corporation (NYSE:FDX) went down by $-2.4 now trading at $159.44. Their shares witnessed a 5.81% increase from the 52-week low price of $150.68 they recorded on 2019-06-03. Even though it is still -67.25% behind the $266.67 high touched on 2018-06-12. The last few days have been rough for the stock, as its price has decreased by -0.09% during the week. It has also performed poorly over the past three months, as it lost around -10.01% while it has so far retreated around -38.71% during the course of a year. The stock of FDX recorded -1.17% downtrend from the beginning of this year till date. The 12-month potential price target for FedEx Corporation is set at $208.48. This target means that the stock has an upside potential to increase by 30.76% from the current trading price.

110 institutions entered new FedEx Corporation (NYSE:FDX) positions, 679 added to their existing positions in these shares, 610 lowered their positions, and 142 exited their positions entirely.

FedEx Corporation (FDX) trade volume has decreased by -3.05% as around 1,852,205 shares were sold when compared with its 50-day average volume of traded shares which is 1,910,544. At the moment, FDX is witnessing a downtrend, as it is trading -2.14% below its 20-day SMA, -10.69% below its 50-day SMA, and -19.27% below its 200-day SMA. The company runs an ROE of roughly 18.7%, with financial analysts predicting that their earnings per share growth will be around 8.8% per annum for the next five year. This will be compared to the 4.8% increase witnessed over the past five years.

The first technical resistance point for FedEx Corporation (NYSE:FDX) will likely come at $162.61, marking a 1.95% premium to the current level. The second resistance point is at $165.78, about 3.82% premium to its current market price. On the other hand, inability to breach the immediate hurdles can drag it down to $155.68, the lower end of the range. FDX’s 14-day MACD is 1.23 and this positive figure indicates an upward trading trend. The company’s 14-day RSI (relative strength index) score is 39.71, which shows that its stock has been neutral. The 20-day historical volatility for the stock stands at 29.33 percent, which is high when compared to that of the 50-day’s 27.66 percent.

The shares of Callaway Golf Company (NYSE:ELY) has decreased by -1.63%, and now trading at $15.73 on the Wall Street in the intra-day deal, with their shares traded now around 1,649,155. This is a rise of 133,199 shares over the average 1,515,956 shares that were traded daily over the last three months. The stock that is trading at $15.73 went higher by 8.93% from its 52-week low of $14.44 that it attained back on 2018-12-24. The stock recorded a 52-week high of $24.67 nearly 257 days ago on 2018-09-28.

ELY stock hasn’t performed well over the past 30 days, as it lost -1.69% while its price climbed by 2.81% year-to-date (YTD). Looking at the last few days, it has been good for the stock, as it rose 1.22% over the last week. The stock’s 12-month potential target price is now at $22.05. This means that the stock price might likely increase by 40.18% from its current trading price. 8 out of 12 Wall Street analysts which represents 66.67% rated the stock as a buy while the remaining 33.33% rated it as a hold, with 0% of analysts rating it as a sell.

Callaway Golf Company (NYSE:ELY) has been utilizing an ROE that is roughly 12.2%, with stock analysts predicting that the company’s EPS for the next five years will go up by 30.9% per year, following the 40.8% raise that was witnessed during the past five years. The stock at the moment is on a uptrend, trading 2.49% above its 20-day SMA, -2.92% below its 50-day SMA, and -14.55% below its 200-day SMA. In percentage terms, the aggregate Callaway Golf Company shares held by institutional investors is 93%. 40 institutions jumped in to acquire Callaway Golf Company (ELY) fresh stake, 132 added to their current holdings in these shares, 137 lowered their positions, and 53 left no stake in the company.

The stock’s 9-day MACD is 0.43 and this positive figure indicates an upward trading trend. The company’s 9-day RSI score is 53.98, which shows that its stock has been neutral. The 20-day historical volatility for the shares stand at 34.99 percent, which is more when compared to that of the 50-day’s 31.55 percent. On the daily chart, we see that the stock could reach the first level of resistance at $16.04, sporting a 1.93% premium to the current level. The next resistance point is at $16.36, representing nearly 3.85% premium to the current market price of Callaway Golf Company (ELY). On the other hand, failure to breach the immediate hurdles can drag it down to $15.34, the lower end of the range.